my etsy store

Monday, March 05, 2007

New Book in Stores!!






I have a new book that just came out this week called "The House Takes a Vacation". It's a pretty funny story (I got to paint legs on a house!). It's available at all the big book stores or you can order from Amazon.

I like this book because it was the beginning of my exploration of the painting process. Doing this book helped me figure out where I wanted to go with paint (more texture, transparent layers, etc.). Go buy a copy today!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lee! This is Pam, I don't even know if you remember me??? I am Dede Shea's sister. I came across your website from the McGavock website. Anyway, I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your book! Your sketches are soooooo cool!

Courtney Pippin-Mathur said...

I found your site about a year ago and love your work. I'm thrilled you started a blog too, keep up the good work.

KarMa said...

Congrats!
Really expressive book!

Ciao
-Manuela

john skewes said...

I found your site through SCBWI. These pages are excellent. Congratulations on the new book.

Where's Domo? said...

My foster mom came across your blog and she totally loves your illustrations. She's a huge fan of children's book and is excited to check out your books next time she is at Powells!

I would like to invite you to my blog.

Hope to see you there.

sylvie wylie said...

I am SO in love with these illustrations that I will buy this book for my kids!(well me, really) By the way I just bought "Ducks dont wear socks" today from Amazon.com and THAT is how I discovered your art. The book was read on a TV show called "PLAYSCHOOL" on ABC TV in Australia. I dream of drawing and painting as beautifully as you one day *sigh*